[time-nuts] Hanging bridge question

Jim Miller jim at jtmiller.com
Tue Mar 25 22:39:00 EDT 2014

Right now I'm planning to use a DS1123 driven by the PIC in my system to
provide sawtooth correction. The phase measurement is strictly binary with
a D FF. The PIC reads the value once a second and integrates with a bit of
feedforward for stability. The numerical result will be fed to a DAC which
controls the OCXO. The DS1123 is about $14, not unreasonable. The same PIC
is used to setup the M12+T and read the status and sawtooth info, do the
math for the PI filter, drive the D/A and communicate optionally with a PC
to log D/A commands and relay any M12+T communication. It will also
maintain a few simple indicator lights for status.

Jim