[time-nuts] Can (will) a M12+T generate a negative sawtooth message ?

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sun May 18 20:55:49 EDT 2014

I think there is confusion between where there is a negative delay. Yes the
 M12 can have a negative value but in order to correct for the full range
of the  saw tooth at zero the DS chip has to add 128 nsec delay plus the zero
value.  Depending on the message it ads or subtracts from that value. As
saw teeth  get smaller there are chips with .25 and .5 nsec. steps. Later GPS
units  have messages with higher resolution steps.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 5/18/2014 8:26:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,