[time-nuts] Weather/units question for European members

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sat May 24 01:49:25 EDT 2014

There is a great sonic anemometer in:

"An inexpensive sonic anemometer for eddy correlation" G.S.Campbell and M.H.Unsworth, (1979), Journal of Applied Meteorology Vol 18, August 1979, Pp. 1072-1077.

This unit uses 4000 CMOS, a LM301A and two cheap ultrasonic transducers. It operates a phase-locked loop and alternately uses the sensors for transmitter and receiver, swapping ends at about 74 Hz, to get a two way signal. This method cancels most errors. It has temperature and velocity outputs.

cheers, Neville Michie