[time-nuts] Weather/units question for European members

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat May 24 09:55:06 EDT 2014

hektopascal is pseudo-SI form, as it is a compromize between the old
milibar and propper SI unit of Pascal with suitable prefix 1 mbar = 1
hPa, but since we have normal pressure at 1013 mbar we should write it
as 101,3 kPa but not 1013 hPa if we is to follow SI all the way.

Temperature in C is really not strict SI, but accepted.

m/s for windspeeds is the proper unit, while km/h is only used when
explaining high windspeeds.

Cheers,
Magnus