[time-nuts] SSR-6Tr vs Lotus M12M

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun May 25 17:26:05 EDT 2014

Hi

Newer is always better :)….

The real question is :

Did the guys who designed the the hardware and firmware in a 10, 20 or 30 year old box optimize it so that a better GPS would improve the performance of the box?

Put another way:

1) Will the software filters tune in a fashion that allows better performance in less time?
2) Are the hardware TDC’s high enough resolution to keep up with the new GPS?

That assumes that the M12M Lotus 100% matches the part in your older boxes as far as commands and i/o strings.

Someone designing a box for selective availability conditions would have a much different task that a modern designer. It’s reasonable to guess that they could come up with a very different solution to the problem.

Bob