[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361, HP/Symmetricom Z3809A, Z3810A, Z3811A, Z3812...

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Nov 1 22:00:21 EDT 2014

Hi

I’ve watched the two boxes fire up. They spend a bit of time blinking lights on this one and then on that one. From watching the “dance”, I think that the transistor delay circuit (or something like it) is indeed needed. There are multiple ways the delay and sequencing could be implemented. A cheap 5V PIC is certainly one way to do it. With no voltage coming out on the connector doing a purely external solution probably is going to require external power. I think I’d at least bring that out on one of the many unused alarm pins.

Bob