[time-nuts] 1903 Railroad self-Winding / Self-setting Clock: rapid clicking

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 12:08:06 EST 2014

Pretty funny. As a ham radio operator I have had 4 clocks on the walls for
years.
I obtained 5 IBM clocks quite a while ago and built drivers and such for
them. Actually ran them for a while but found the noise annoying. Replaced
them with cheap wall clocks internal drivers removed and a master system
that drives them. NOT connected to GPS since its really just a relative
thing. Is it dark in the UK or Japan. This has been running about 10 years
and I do correct the time at the DST switch and occasionally in between.
But its a stable low power thing that runs for months on C cells if the
mains go away.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL