[time-nuts] NPR Story I heard this morning

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 15:05:03 EST 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> albertson.chris at gmail.com said:
> > But you are right, no two clocks will ever agree at that level because
> they
> > will experience different gravitational fields.
>
> What if I adjust the elevation (aka gravity) of one of them until it
> matches?
>  Or at least gets within the resolution and ADEV of the pair?

You adjust it but then how long does it stay adjusted.  The Earth, Moon and
Sun are in constant motion.   The gravity field is no static.   OK maybe
you could compute this and place the clocks n moving platforms?  They will
never agree, not at the lowest level.

Here is another question:  Is time a continuous function?  It may not be at
some scale.

> Suppose you had two super-accurate clocks that were next to each other.
> Would they phase lock?
>
> --
> These are my opinions.  I hate spam.

Chris Albertson