[time-nuts] Z3812 Diag port data? RE: time-nuts Digest, Vol 124, Issue 26

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Nov 3 21:32:52 EST 2014

Hi

I’ve been trying to get ahold of some / any of the sources for these programs. Several of them need to be re-compiled (and possibly re-written) for the modern world of 64 bits and Net (what ever it’s up to).(the rev coming out tomorrow).

The whole structure of accessing com ports changed a lot from the early XP days to the way they do it now. As support drops off, the old stuff will get harder and harder to keep running. Much easier (hopefully) to move the software forward.

Even Windows 7 is getting into the “old” category. Windows 8 will be superseded next year. I know this is a bit traumatic in the PC world. If you are on a Mac, it all seems pretty slow :)

Bob