[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361 GPSDO arrived today several questions

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Nov 8 11:14:33 EST 2014

Hi

Actually the error message is a “feature” of SCPI. It’s one that I never remember when I’m using a terminal.

You need to send a command (or power cycle) to clear the error que. It’s like GPIB in that regard. The errors stack up as you send commands and you must toss out each one out. Once you have them all tossed, you get the “scpi>” prompt rather than an error message.

Yes I’m sure there is slightly more to it than that, but this is the Cliff notes version.

Bob