[time-nuts] Anybody have experience with TimeMachines TM1000AGPS Time Server

Rick Thomas rbthomas at pobox.com
Sun Nov 9 16:49:11 EST 2014

Right.  I did the reset to factory defaults jumper thing and it came back to life.  I’m using it now with the default setup.

I got a reply from somebody named Doug at css-timemachines suggesting that I use a different browser (I had been using Safari on my desktop Mac) so I switched to Chrome (still on the Mac) and now it seems to be a bit more friendly.

In particular, it reports:

     Signal Strength: Satellite 1: 32 dB, Satellite 2: 31 dB, Satellite 3: 30 dB

Can anybody tell if that’s good or bad?  I have the antenna taped up against a window with a good view of the sky to the North-East: not too many trees in the way of a clear view out over the ocean — but somewhat occluded to the North-West: a low tree-covered ridge up to about 15 degrees above the horizon — and the bulk of the house in the way to the South.  Is there a better way?

I’ll report here as I explore further over the next week.

Rick