[time-nuts] Anybody have experience with TimeMachines TM1000AGPS Time Server

Rick Thomas rbthomas at pobox.com
Sun Nov 9 20:27:13 EST 2014

Thanks Bob,

I believe the status screen only shows the first three sats.  It may get more, but it doesn’t report them.  There does not seem to be any way of getting more info from the web interface.  The serial interface is poorly documented — there may be more info available from it, but they aren’t telling.

I don’t know if it’s relevant, but the manual says:
> 	• GPS Module Specifications
> 		• Based on SiRF GSC3e Lpx chipset.
> 		• 20 channel low power receiver module
> 		• GPS Time Precision: <1us, typical +/- 300ns ref UTC.
Perhaps you can help me interpret that…

I have a south-facing window I can try.  I’ll move it there and see if the db report gets better.

Rick