[time-nuts] Communicating with the Lucent KS-24361

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 14:58:07 EST 2014

Yes indeed for a real RS232 to RS 422 all 4 wires are required. Its a
balanced communications protocol.
The RS232 trick has been around many years. It ha sa low noise margin and
does work with most modern RS232 3.3-5V type adapters. Its simple and
generally works as it did for me.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL