[time-nuts] Lucent GPSDO comments

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 17:50:23 EST 2014

Wrote: At some point we will get into hacking the main board
to switch from 15 MHz to 10 MHz.

One doesn’t have to that if one uses the two IC divide by
1.5 circuit I offered the list. I specifically found it so I didn’t have to
hack the innards.

Wrote: The great news is the oscillator is 5 Mhz.

Don’t bet the rent on that. My early units have 10 MHZ Datum
oscillators.

Bob’s point about getting the GPSDO’s if all cost the same
is a good point.

Another point. At least on the older units I have: GPSDO,
Rubidium, and Crystal oscillator, the output circuitry after the 15 MHz
conversion takes place is the same. So if one hacks the 10 Mhz into the chain,
all one has to do is remove or bypass the 15 MHz filter before the output.

Even if you don’t have the rubidium unit but have either/or
GPDO or Crystal oscillator email me off list for the rubidium schematic as
after the logic chips they use the same circuit.

Regards,

Perrier