[time-nuts] Quad Driven Mixer 5 to 10 MHz Doubler Atricle

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Thu Nov 13 00:47:24 EST 2014

I digitized the first 2011 article to hand, the one in Jan-Feb; it's a smaller
article, and not as elegant as the later one. Anyone interested can email me
off-list. You're allowed to have a copy for your own use, just can't
re-publish.
Don

Jim Sanford
> I'm a member, and the article is not there -- just the Excel spreadsheet
> and a Word document of the parts list.
> Too bad, I have a handful of 5 MHzx TCXOs.
> I may have hardcopy of the issue, will have to dig for it.
>
> Jim
> wb4gcs at amsat.org
>
> On 11/12/2014 3:34 PM, Dave M wrote:
>> I am able to download the files associated with the article, but not
>> the article itself.  Guess I need to be a paying member to get the
>> article.  The only files in the download are the XLS file for
>> calculating the filter values, and the parts list.
>>
>> It's at http://www.arrl.org/qexfiles in the year 2011 listings,
>> filename 3x11_Roos.zip
>> titled "Converting a Vintage 5 MHz Frequency Standard to 10 MHz with a
>> Low Spurious Frequency Doubler"
>>
>> Dave M
>>
>> John C. Roos via time-nuts wrote:
>>> Several list members contacted me expressing interest in the
>>> article. None of them were able to download much or anything
>>> from the ARRL QEX web site. That includes me and other ARRL members.
>>> I am working the issue with one call to ARRL so far today. I will
>>> contact Larry Wolfgang at ARRL and see what Ican bust loose. So
>>> hang in there. It is a cute technique, not originated by me, but
>>> useful. Right now I have to get the ARRL FMT done first.
>>> -73 john c roos k6iql

>> and follow the instructions there.
>>

> ---
> protection is active.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it."
 -George Bernard Shaw

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLC