[time-nuts] strange carrier

Doug Ronald doug at dougronald.com
Thu Nov 13 18:23:13 EST 2014

I'm working on my WWVB BPSK receiver and am receiving a carrier, 10 dB
stronger than WWVB in Sunnyvale, California, quite stable, on the air 24/7
at a frequency of 59.99240 kHz. I have researched on Internet what it might
be, with no results. I have turned off all switch mode power supplies at my
location with no effect. The carrier is so stable that it seems like it must
be something intentionally generated. I have not tried nulling it out with
my directional antenna yet.

Anyone have a clue as to what I might be receiving?

Thanks,

-Doug Ronald

W6DSR