[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361, HP/Symmetricom Z3809A, Z3810A, Z3811A, Z3812...

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Nov 17 15:28:10 EST 2014

Hi

The 58503 is a Z3801 with a pretty instrument style package put around it - right?

If so, it might / should  have a 10811 in it rather than an MTI OCXO. The 10811 is rated for -155 dbc at 100 Hz. That is much better than the noise floor that the MTI’s seem to produce at 100 Hz. About the only other GPSDO OCXO that gets to that level is the one in the original TBolts . There you very much have to deal with spurs. That make the noise floor of limited use in a practical system.

Bob