[time-nuts] Si570 question

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 10:59:35 EST 2014

I'm sure someone here has fooled with the Si570.
I just got a few of them (CMOS output), and am about to deadbug one of
them to fool with it (unless there's some convenient protoboard out
there available.. I didn't look too long and hard, but some casual
googling didn't find one).
Looking at AN334 from SiLabs:
It looks like you just need a 10nF bypass on the Vcc, a pull down on the
OE (1k), 1k pullups to 3.3V on SDA/SCL (which is going to be driven by a
3.3V teensy 3.0/3.1 microcontroller)
150 ohm loads to ground, followed by a 0.1 uF DC block?

I'm going to be running it at less than 50 MHz (although the parts I got
are preset to 100 MHz)

Any traps for the unwary?