[time-nuts] ks... answers The emails are getting long

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 16:26:56 EST 2014

Don
The two units work together by a buggy cable from what I have heard so far.
The Ref0 is the master that drives stuff it connects to REF1 that
disciplines REF0.
If GPS goes away or the ref1 it all keeps ticking. This is been teh system
design for about 20 years.

Many of us have the ref1 only and the internal osc is 5 Mhz so thats why
you have seen discussions on multipliers here. Tap the 5 Mhz double it
filter it and buffer it. there seem to be 2 schools of thoughts on the
process. Balanced mixer or Wenzel.
I would have hacked the answer already. But I need to keep my ref1 running
so that it ages in. ASI will refund your money if bad. But only in 30 days.
I do like what I see from the KS-... Can never remember the number.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL