[time-nuts] KS-24361 10 Mhz mod interesting document

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Nov 19 20:15:20 EST 2014

Hi

Lucent has been putting GPS based Radio Frequency Timing Generators (RFTG) into cell sites for a long time. They all have the 15 MHz and pps outputs in common. Lucent also seems to like one paint color and an approximate size. For what ever reason (because they can?) the model numbers and internal designs change from time to time. For quite a while they really liked the idea of running Rb’s in cell sites. Looking at the latest batch of parts, that seems to have changed around 1999.

Lots of generations of very similar looking boxes with very different stuff inside each of them.

Bob