[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361 Web Page

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 06:26:57 EST 2014

"If you refer to the picture of the microprocessor board, you will
notice that the locations marked D1, D2 and D3 are populated by zero
ohm resistors. That means that the 3 V microcontroller was powered
from 5V. I am actually amazed that they worked at all, let alone
worked for a while.

It is a shame that fluke.l saved on the cost of 3 diodes that way.
The 1N4148 is $.02 at Mouser in 25 pieces lots."

Didier KO4BB

What I did (and I've mentioned this before) is to replace the three
zero ohm resistors with one red LED. The forward voltage drop is
about 1.7vdc so it makes a pretty nice zener, and you have a power
indicator to boot.

-Arthur