[time-nuts] LTE-Lite Antenna

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Nov 22 20:46:48 EST 2014

Jim,

try it out. Check the C/No values in the GPGSV NMEA messages. If they are
over 40dB, then it works just fine and there is no need to over-think the
issue..

bye,
Said

In a message dated 11/22/2014 16:39:55 Pacific Standard Time, kb8tq at n1k.org
 writes:

Hi

Pretty much all of the “timing” GPS antennas want to see  5V to work
properly. About the only thing I’ve seen that likes 3.3V are the  modern mag
mount antennas.

Bob

> On Nov 22, 2014, at 4:55  PM, Jim Sanford <wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org> wrote:
>
> All:
>
> Received my LTE-Lite and ready to play, EXCEPT, I'm in the  basement.
>
> Does anyone know if the antenna which the ebay  purveyor of the Nortel
Thunderbolts supplies will work on the 3.3 volts coming  out of the LTE Lite?
 (I measured the Nortel, it puts 4.95 volts on  the coax.)  That antenna
has the advantage of being at altitude with a  feedline run to the basement.