[time-nuts] Practical considerations making a lab standard with an LTE lite

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Nov 23 09:03:10 EST 2014

NIST did something similar for their WWWV site, where they used bottled
water in its staple packaging to build a thermal mass. They measured how
their atomic clocks and rig behaved before and after, and could see the
difference. Very neat way of using off the (store)shelf components for a
test.

Another aspect is to think about what kind of heating/coolling you have.
If it can act more as a proportional system rather than bang-bang
regulations, it won't produce as drastic swings for you.

Cheers,
Magnus