[time-nuts] Practical considerations making a lab standard with an LTE lite

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Mon Nov 24 21:39:01 EST 2014

Said:

I'm seeing C/No numbers between 50.0 and 41.0 for the "green" birds.
I'm seeing 27.0 to 42 on the "blue" birds.  Not quite sure what the
difference between green and blue is.  UBlox is acting kind of funny --
it ignores any attempt to click on an icon or any of the menu bar
items.  Yet it lets me move the various windows around and resize them.
A challenge for another day.  (Winders7)

HDOP is 1.0, which wikipedia tells me is "ideal".  PDOP is 1.9, still
good, but far from ideal.  Reported position is very stable, converting
altitude (meters) to feet gets me 1158 feet, about 120 feet lower than
what the GPS in the car says my antenna should be at.  (1250' at the
drive way, plus 20 feet of pole supporting the antenna.)

Jim