[time-nuts] LTE-Lite Plans

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 15:18:44 EST 2014

On 25 November 2014 at 19:42, Jim Miller <jim at jtmiller.com> wrote:

> I'm putting it in the recommended Hammond enclosure powered by a USB cable
> from my PC. I had originally planned to use the wall wart provided but I
> want to get status from the unit without hacking a window in the top to see
> the LEDs so I plan to use TBD software to provide a status check.

You could consider using a "light pipe", "fibre optic" or whatever you
want to call it. Perspex or similar material will guide light from an
LED by total internal reflection. You could probably use a
panel-mounted LED, remove the electronics and just use the lens, and
holder so it looks better than it would be able do with just a hole.

Dave