[time-nuts] LTE Lite SkyTraq chip info

Dave Martindale dave.martindale at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 22:35:06 EST 2014

I spent a bit of time poking around the SkyTraq web site on the weekend.  I
couldn't find a datasheet for the chip on the LTE-Lite - perhaps it's so
new that SkyTraq has not put together the datasheet yet.

Under "timing", they only list the Venus638LPx-T, which is a older (2011
copyright on the datasheet) 65-channel receiver.  The LTE-Lite
documentation mentions 65 channels somewhere too, suggesting that the
LTE-Lite started out using this chip.  Under navigation receivers, Skytraq
lists the newer (2013) Venus838FLPx with 167 channels.  So I would assume
that the Venus838LPx-T-L used in the LTE-Lite is the same 167-channel
hardware with timing firmware, and that the LTE-Lite switched from the
638LPx-T to the 838LPx-T-L sometime during development.

- Dave