[time-nuts] LTE-Lite

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Fri Nov 28 17:53:14 EST 2014

All:
Sharing lessons learned the hard way . . .

After messing around with my Anti-Virus program, which declared some
false threats, messing with drivers, and uninstalling/reinstalling
Ublox, I put the 20 MHz unit back on line.  Instantly came up and showed
data in UBLOX.

Shut it down, removed it, and reinstalled the 10 MHz unit which Winders7
called COMM6.  Still nothing.  Then looked at the LTE-Lite closely --
NMEA was not selected.

Selected NMEA.  Nothing.

Selected COMM6.   Nothing.

Shifted to 38k4 baud -- instantly had data and a FIX!!!  Even though
survey LED is still blinking.  Fix is pretty close to what I had from
the unit that ran a week, PDOP is 1.5 and HDOP is 0.9.  Pretty impressive.

So, I must conclude that the problem was failure to check the board and
make sure NMEA was selected.

Hoping to save somebody my pain.....

73,
Jim