[time-nuts] LTE-Lite and - S14WI 1x4 GPS splitter

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Sat Nov 29 13:13:13 EST 2014

Hi,
I suggest that you use a DVM to see which ports are getting power.  Better yet would be to disconnect everything and use an ohm-meter to see which ports are electrically connected.  If you can't satisfy yourself that you know what's what, then contact GPS Source.  They are very good people to deal with.  I've got an MS-14 that had two powered ports plus the powered antenna port, plus it can be internally powered.  I asked them about it, and they gave me instructions on how to de-power one of the ports.  It was just a matter of removing a 000 shunt resistor and adding a 200 ohm load resistor.
The way I read the product description is that the "pick and choose" likely means it has the same type of construction that mine does.  A 000 resistor bypasses a blocking cap for power transfer ports, and you have to add a 200 ohm 1W (ex: CRCW2512200RJNEG) if you depower a port.  But, contact them.  They'll fix you right up.
By the way, if your ports are labeled, PDC = powered DC and BDC = blocked DC.

Bob - AE6RV