[time-nuts] How long do ovens take to cool to ambient after power is removed?

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:00:32 EDT 2014

Typical 10811 warm-up time is circa 10 minutes; cool-down time is actually
several times longer (since there is no active "cool-downer" in the case!)

More modern, smaller OCXO's will warm up and cool down more quickly.

If it's a double oven or user has added extra insulation around the basic
OCXO, the times have to get longer. I remember someone here wanting to put
his OCXO in a Dewar. As we used to say at Caltech, "Whatever fills your
Dewar!".

Not to be confused with "bake out" time!

Tim N3QE