[time-nuts] Measurement of frequency of HP 8720D option 1D5 oscillator after switch on

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 18:13:27 EDT 2014

On 4 October 2014 23:03, John Miles <john at miles.io> wrote:
>> I just stuck an offer on a SRS 620, which is sold as seen. I'll take a
>> chance it works if my offer is accepted.
>
> The 5370B is still the only high-performance counter that I own, personally.  SR620s are fine as far as they go,

Is it me, or do they look very cheaply made? I have never seen one for
real, but the photo I see on eBay looked more like a $200 Chinese
power scope.

I used an Standard Research SR-830 lock-in amplifier extensively
during my Ph.D. It was really nice to use. But the SRS 620 looked
rather cheap to me.

> but if they have any strong advantages over the 5370 I don't know what they are.  Spending more for a 53230A isn't necessary unless you have a specific need for something that only it can do (and I don't).

I never really looked into it. I just made a low offer on an SRS 620 on eBay.

I am annoyed with myself for selling the 5370B.

I don't really have any immediate need for another TI counter - what
need I did have, has since gone. But if I could get one cheap enough,
I would.

Dave