[time-nuts] Advice on sighting a roof mounted gps area please

swingbyte swingbyte at exemail.com.au
Sun Oct 12 07:34:52 EDT 2014

Hi All,
I am building a house extension and part of the works involves adding a
new hip roof made of corrugated iron.  I was thinking I would pass a
50mm pvc pipe through the roof with a tee and then mount two conical gps
timing antennas on top of it.  I am in a low point and don't have
visibility of the horizons ( I'm not in the out-back).
My question is should I mount on the peak of the roof?  How close can I
mount two antennas from each other? Can they interfere with each other?
I am also in the midst of some tall trees - although my new roof will be
pretty high it will still be below the tallest trees.
Of course the main reason for this is I want to do some accurate timing

ASCII art of proposed set-up

   A                  A

            ^
           /  \