[time-nuts] Digital Mixing with a BeagleBone Black and D Flip Flop

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Oct 14 17:49:24 EDT 2014

Hi

Some of the “cheap" printed circuit board outfits  are now economical enough that they are a pretty good way to, go even for a fairly speculative breadboard type circuit. You wind up with a double sided board with a good ground. That significantly reduces the guesses and gotcha’s. There have been numerous threads here on the list about who likes which vendor and just how cheap is cheap.

—————

One example of a gotcha - ground bounce may be responsible for the odd behavior when switching from the Q to the Q bar output on the flip flops.

Bob