[time-nuts] LTE-Lite module

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Oct 20 17:58:22 EDT 2014

Hi

The problem is that there are no “magic coefficients”. What you run depends very much on the exact OCXO you have, the environment you run it in, and the result you are after.

For instance, Bert is after frequency stability. Tom is after the right time. Each of them will have very different coefficients for the same oscillator.

My Morion OCXO has a floor of 2x10^-12, Bert has some that are 10X better than that (maybe). His coefficients and mine will be very different.

I had an antenna outdoors. It got many sat’s all the time. Now I have one indoors. It’s not getting lots of sats all the time. My old coefficients are not going to be my new coefficients.

No magic bullet, you have to do the work.

Bob