[time-nuts] Z38xx rack mounts

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Wed Oct 22 18:58:55 EDT 2014

Mike S wrote:
> On 10/22/2014 4:44 PM, Dave M wrote:
>> The Z38xx
>> units are 11" wide (10-9/16" mounting centers) , and obviously are
>> not suitable for a standard 19" rack cabinet.
>
> The Nortel GPSR (aka HP z3801a) was mounted vertically in a chassis
> which was itself rack mounted. It's 11" tall, not wide.

Wow, that helps explain things a bit.  Wonder why, if they were meant to be
installed vertically, they wouldn't have screened the legends to be read
that way.
Anyway, that insight might simplify things for me.  I hadn't thought of
mounting them that way. I have a couple pieces of rack mounting rails that I
could cut and mount horizontally in my 19" rack and everything would fit
(hopefully) just right.

Thanks for the response, Mike.

Dave M