[time-nuts] Some specs for MTI Millren 260 OXCOs

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Wed Oct 22 21:28:57 EDT 2014

Scott Newell wrote:
> At 03:43 PM 10/22/2014, Dave M wrote:
>>
>> I contacted one of the MTI Milliren marketing guys a few days ago,
>> and got some specs on the MTI model 260-0624C and 260-0544C OXCOs
>> that are currently
>
> Be careful. I bought a couple of those $15 MTI 260-0544-C from a
> surplus dealer out in California. They were new, from the warmup
> performance we agreed that they were SC cut, and it sure looked like
> a double oven.
>
> But...no EFC!

The model 260 OXCOs are definitely double-oven oscillators.
I suppose that it's possible that some OXCO variations might not have the
EFC function, but I find that quite unusual, since there is no other means
to adjust the frequency of the oscillator (notable exceptions being the HP
10811 and 10544 models). The MTI 260 model, being a very high quality OXCO,
surely needs some means to adjust the frequency.
Is the EFC pin on the units that you have?  If it is present, it's possible
that the units that you have are defective.

Dave M