[time-nuts] BeagleBone Black DDMTD update

Thu Oct 30 08:04:05 EDT 2014

On 30/10/2014 07:12, Iain Young wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On 29/10/14 20:15, Simon Marsh wrote:
>
>> This is a fairly long post, at the top is a bit of description of of
>> changes since my last posts and then around the middle is some
>> description of the data thats attached. The data raises a few questions,
>> and I'll put those in a separate post.
>
> Do you have any code to share ? Or did I miss it ?

I'd posted the original proof of concept code, but not the more recent
changes.

I've uploaded the latest version here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzvFGRfj4aFkVzhSM2xNMUI5QXM/view?usp=sharing

This does come with a health warning though, as it's very much a work in
progress. Capture and PRU code is ok, the analysis code has a framework
but is still very much to do. Ironically, the proof of concept had
better documentation

There is a README in there from the original PoC about dependencies and
how to set up the PRU.  Building should be as easy as running the
makefiles.

To do a capture, you need to do something along the lines of:

# run the capture program to get the data (with argument of where the
PRU code is)
capture/capture capture/capture.bin > capture.out
# run minmax on the data, the minmax output is used by edge detection to
work out where the glitch periods are
cat capture.out | process/minmax
# run edge_detect, this will generate lots of files with all the data
cat capture.out | process/edge_detect

Note that the minmax and processing steps don't need to be run on the
BBB, I capture to an NFS share and run the analysis on a more powerful
box elsewhere.

Cheers

Simon