[time-nuts] Eureka, no more Cs, active or passive H-masers or GPSDOs needed

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.aero
Wed Sep 10 12:28:10 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Azelio Boriani <azelio.boriani at screen.it>
wrote:

> Really? Not noticed but then it makes sense, anyway a rather expensive
> April fools' as the patent was issued and I presume it was done at a
> cost.

What you say is true. I was making a joke by suggesting that the patent
itself is a joke. I skimmed through the patent but did not read it in
detail. There may be some nugget in there that represents something new but
nothing jumped out at me.

The Patent system is now used aggressively and offensively. Patents are
granted for things that actually represent common knowledge and/or prior
art. The holders of these patents then use them to attack legitimate
companies with successful products, hence the term "patent trolls".

So, mostly I was just making a joke.

--
Brian Lloyd
Lloyd Aviation