[time-nuts] OCXO Voltage Input? (Bob Camp)

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Thu Sep 11 09:12:10 EDT 2014

I have on purpose stayed out of this discussions but I think it is time to
mention some benchmarks. Last year we did a work over of the Shera
controller  when we where allowed to release assembly and hex code. In order to make
sure  that the code was solid we ran extensive tests using a 1 pps from a
tbolt the  original AD1861 which by no means is an ideal DAC and a Morion
MV89.
The DAC resolution is 1.7 E-13 per bit and after a couple of days  warmup
the DAC did not change a single bit for 0.2 hrs and 1 bit over 0.4  hrs.
Over an 80 hr. period the total change was 120 bits mostly aging but you  can
also see ambient temperature change.
Data and plots are available but can not be attached because of data
limitation
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 9/11/2014 7:37:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,