[time-nuts] WWVB d-psk-r down conversion method

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:59:47 EDT 2014

Bob
You missed nothing really. 100 Hz because thats what the NAA radio used
with the tracor doubler. So when I moved it to wwvb that was the baseband
signal.
Now that said I liked the 1 second phase flips at 100 Hz delay. Dog slow
and perfectly OK to resolve the phase flip and I can use my favored uproc.

Whats funny is that any crystal close to anything existed.
Digikey says they have a 6.1Mhz xtal but when selected goes to 6.144 MHz.
I was amazed that both mouser and digikey had the 5.9904 xtals and both
stocked a variety of cases. Must be some story about whatever that
frequency is.
Did try lots of frequencies and divider math to come up with a simple LO
scheme for 61 or 59 KHz. Messy.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL