[time-nuts] SMTP with Trimble Thunderbolt-E

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.aero
Fri Sep 26 11:50:42 EDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 8:17 AM, Luc Gaudin <lgaudin at naelcom.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to have remotely access to Trimble Thunderbolt-E to manage it.
> I first sort out the physical (network) parts to get the Serial port out
> on the network (unit CSE-H53N from Sollae Systems).
> For management I am looking to use SNMP.
> Is there any system capable to convert the serial information from the
> Trimble Thunderbolt to SNMP ?
> Some people are talking about proxy agent.

That is probably the only way.

> Is any can help ?

The world seems to have split the problem into two parts: using SNMP for
monitoring and HTTP for configuration/management of a device. This happened
because of the problem of how to manage disparate devices from different
manufacturers in a common management platform.

So, what do you need to accomplish?

--
Brian Lloyd
Lloyd Aviation