[time-nuts] SMTP with Trimble Thunderbolt-E

Sun Sep 28 02:04:07 EDT 2014

On 2014-09-26 07:17, Luc Gaudin wrote:

> I need to have remotely access to Trimble Thunderbolt-E to manage it.
> I first sort out the physical (network) parts to get the Serial port out on the network (unit CSE-H53N from Sollae Systems).
> For management I am looking to use SNMP.
> Is there any system capable to convert the serial information from the Trimble Thunderbolt to SNMP ?
> Some people are talking about proxy agent.
> Is any can help ?

You could also use retail serial to USB then USB to enet adapters
which are probably a lot cheaper.

Embedded Linux PCs such as Raspberry Pi and Beaglebone Black are cheap and
can be configured with serial ports, but you may need hardware to stretch
the PPS if you want to use it:
FatPPS http://tapr.org/kits_fatpps.html
and software to read or convert from Motorola binary TSIP,
and the options seem to be:
tboltd http://wa5znu.org/2011/08/tbolt to pass TSIP across TCP which would
allow you to use LH on Windows or under Wine on PC Linux,
gpsd http://www.catb.org/gpsd for Linux programs, or
ntp http://ntp.org/downloads.html.

Anything else requires you to decode the TSIP binary stream
and make it available via SNMP.
--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis