[time-nuts] Striking change in iPhone time accuracy with 8.2

Reid Oda reid.oda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:29:40 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Chris Albertson <albertson.chris at gmail.com>
wrote:

Thanks for the idea of using distance to determine time offset. That's
pretty clever. :)

As for perceiving ms-order offsets of audio events (if you're interested):
it depends on the sound. The sharper the tick the easier it is to perceive
a timing offset. The tick I use is extremely sharp and I can (and I bet you
could too) be able to tell the difference between a 2 and 8 ms offset. 2 ms
sounds like a slightly phasey version of a single tick while at 8 ms you
can clearly hear 2 sounds.

My research is about audio synchronization, which is what got me interested
in clocks.