[time-nuts] OT - Adding Opt 010 to HP 53132A

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Wed Apr 1 21:46:36 EDT 2015

I have a 'new to me' standard 53132A, S/N 3736Axxxxx, Firmware Ver. 3703,
with a P/N 0950-2496 power supply, that I would like to add an HP Opt 010 HS
Oven OCXO reference to that consists of a 10811-60160 OCXO mounted on a
53132-60011 Osc Support Board.

I am confused about how to do this based on what I read in the
Assembly-Level Service Guide and the CLIP that I downloaded from the
Keysight website.

The Opt 010/012 power supply that is referred to in the ALSG is P/N
53132-60208.

As best I can tell, the power supplies are both 47W power supplies and the
only difference I can see is that the -9 VDC supply line is to a separate
connector (designed to connect to J2 on the Osc Support Board) rather than
to the connector that mates with J18 on the 53132-60014 Main Board.

My Osc Support Board is P/N 53132-60011 and has a number of parts populated
that are not on the P/N 53132-60016 Osc Support Board, that I was expecting
to receive.  It is designed to support the 53132-60010 Output Select Board
(as best I can tell from the marginally readable CLIP schematic) that I also
received.  The Osc Support Board also does not have a connector at J2.  In
addition, the ALSG refers to connecting the cable from the power supply to
J2 of the Osc Support Board 'if the two wire cable exists'.  What does this
mean?

Pictures of the 53132-60016 Osc Support Board that I have seen have a 'plug'
at J2 that connects pin 2 of J2 to pin 3.  These pins are connected to J4,
the connector to the 10811 installed on the Osc Support Board.  Pin 2 of J2
connects -9 VDC to pins 30 and 15 of J4, the 'GND' connector of the OVEN of
the 10811.  Pin 3 of J2 connects to 'GND' of the 53132-60011 (and
53132-60016) board.  This results in the OVEN of the 10811 being either