[time-nuts] 58503A alarm light on

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Apr 4 16:53:23 EDT 2015

Hi

I’ve seen the same sort of < 1 us holdover estimates out of mine as well.
I for one do *not* believe that it’s going to do 200 ns holdover in 24 hours,
even if it seems to think it can ….(yes I’ve pulled the antenna and watched
it drift).

Given that the objective of the prediction function was to decide if it could
make 10 us over 24 hours, anything below a few us probably was not worth
arguing about when they did the design.

In this case, a >11 us estimate says “I’m not going to make it”. That means the
box is telling you it is not able to do what it should.

Bob