[time-nuts] 58503A alarm light on

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Apr 5 09:03:32 EDT 2015

Hi

I for one, got *all* my Z38xx’s from the same sort of Chinese sources as
you did. None of them took more than a month or two to come down to the
point they forecast < 2 us. It took some of them quite a while to get to the
point that they were in the < 500 ns range (three to six months).

Unless you have a 10811 version, and either

a) It’s a true 10811 without the heater jacket
b) it’s a heater jacket version with a compromised seal

-and-

it’s been under water for a while

You should not see horribly long (> 3 months) run-in periods on one of these.

If indeed your sample has gone underwater in a flood, all bets are off.

Bob