[time-nuts] Modern HW replacement for ATOM based NTP server?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Apr 7 15:52:57 EDT 2015

On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 17:39:01 +0100
"David J Taylor" <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> "Problematic" if you are after microsecond-level accuracy, perhaps, but so
> would the BeagleBone be.  If your needs are more in the 100 microsecond
> range, either would be fine with a reasonably wide PPS pulse.

Not really. If you know how to write C, you can use the
timer on the BBB and get to sub-us accuracy levels (IIRC ~10ns).
The biggest problem would be to get the data into ntp
in the right way, as I am not sure whether ntp supports
that kind of input. But I know at least someone working
on this.

The rpi has, AFAIK, no timer units

			Attila Kinali

--