[time-nuts] Mini-time lab cost and maintenance

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Apr 10 07:13:10 EDT 2015

Hi

If you go with a combo setup (OCXO + GPS or Rb + GPS) you will also need a counter or a scope to compare the frequency source
to the pps out of the GPS over a long period of time. In the case of the OCXO you *might* want a divider on the output.  The GPS / GPSDO
will require some sort of antenna.

All this stuff (and more) adds up. If it’s truly a start from scratch sort of thing there are more items. I’d include a DVM and a couple of power
supplies. It’s well worth it to look at a fairly complete list if the budget it tight.

Bob