[time-nuts] GPSDO disciplining algorithms

Alan Ambrose alan.ambrose at anagram.net
Mon Apr 13 09:03:36 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm interested in GPSDO disciplining algorithms - presumably the good ones are really well thought out stochastic control algorithms.

Is it possible to point me to the seminal references / papers / datasheets that describe typical algorithms and the advantages and disadvantages of the various approaches?

I can see, for example:

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/papers/ts-2000/gpstime.steering.kmm.ion.sep00.pdf

Am I right in thinking that this subject area usually called 'GPS disciplining' or 'GPS steering' in the literature?

TIA, Alan