[time-nuts] New +/- 1 sec in 100 days mech clock

Peter Torry peter.torry at talktalk.net
Tue Apr 21 05:30:32 EDT 2015

You could always use the traditional method of piercing saw and files.
Thinking about it I suppose files were the original milling machine.  Be
aware that the horological approach is different from the engineering
approach and there are numerous traps waiting for the unwary.  Harrison
and Martin's clock B have remarkable performance but could still be
improved by using multiple pendulums to overcome the noise effects for
example a two pendulum clock is performing within 1 second in six months
(so far) so I will have to get the hacksaw out for the three pendulum
version - or is it back to the GPSDO.

Peter