[time-nuts] New ± 1 sec in 100 days mech clock

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Wed Apr 22 10:03:24 EDT 2015

Hi,

In all reality, achieving these results without decades of experience is
probably unlikely. That said, are the specific plans available or
published anywhere? Is is possible that someone willing to build and
tinker could make a 'functional' copy of this unit?

I would guess that not all of the parts need extreme tolerances. But
even then many mills are holding positioning tolerances well under
.001", with tool deflections of .0001" or under (if run and maintained
properly, that is). My 'list' includes a mechanical clock build. And
this one would be a dandy to try to build!

In any case, the clock is still interesting to read about! It's great
that some of you are lucky enough to get to see it! :)

Dan